Before Heather and I were married I would come over to apartment and cook dinner for her and her roommates. This is one of the dishes I found in a random cookbook that was on the shelf in their kitchen. The recipe called it Husband’s Delight, but I have changed the name and a couple of ingredients in order to make it better for us. This is now my go to recipe for Meal Trains after families have babies. It is wonderful and one of those dishes that only gets better then next day.
12 oz. Egg Noodles (Whole Wheat)
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 – 1 ½ lbs ground beef
15 oz can Tomato Sauce
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 TBSP Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
8 oz Sour Cream
5 Green Onions sliced into small rings
8 oz Cheddar Cheese
- Boil Noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and set inside a 9 x13 casserole dish.
- Over medium heat, heat Olive oil and garlic for 2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned approximately 6-8 minutes. Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine Cream Cheese, Sour Cream and Green Onion.
- Shred Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To Assemble, put meat mixture on top of noodles. Place Cream Cheese mixture on top of the meat, and then top with cheddar. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Serve with Biscuits for a great meal.